If you have a question you think would be a valuable addition to this space, please let us know. You can call, e-mail, or stop-in.
- My seats are all even-numbered, are they together? Yes. Seat numbers are even on the right side of the theatre and odd on the left side of the theatre.
- Can you accommodate special needs seating? Yes, we’re glad to accommodate your needs. Please call the Box Office at 920.683.2184 in advance of the performance so we can make it as easy as possible for you to get to your seat. There are security and other personnel on hand to assist you to and from your seat. Presently, our special needs seating accommodations are 17.
- Are cameras allowed in the theatre? Cameras and recording devices are not allowed as they can be dangerous for the performers on stage, who may be blinded by an unexpected flash. In addition, the noise detracts from the performance and enjoyment of the performance by fellow patrons. Furthermore, many performer's contracts clearly state that the use of cameras and recording devices may negate the terms of the contract and result in immediate termination of the performance.
- Is there a dress code at the Capitol Civic Centre? You may wear whatever you feel is appropriate (within the guidelines of good taste) for the type of performance you are attending.
- What happens if I lose my tickets? Lost tickets can be reprinted. Please check with a Box Office Associate as soon as possible after losing them.
- What is the policy on bringing infants and toddlers to performances? Out of consideration for those around you, please use discretion in deciding if your child is old enough to sit in their own seat without distracting others. Everyone, regardless of age, must have a ticket -- even if they will be sitting on your lap.
- What happens if I am late for a performance? Out of consideration for the performers and those around you, please make every effort to arrive on time. We understand extenuating circumstances can happen, and late-comers will be seated at the first appropriate opportunity. You may be asked to stand in the back of the theatre until that opportunity presents itself. The ushers will direct you.
- What additional fees are incurred when purchasing tickets? Wisconsin sales tax is added to each purchase. In addition, there is a $1 facility fee added to the cost of each ticket for Capitol events. This non-taxed fee is used for theatre maintenance and cleaning. There is a $4 per-order processing fee for orders placed over the phone. This fee is used to offset the cost of processing and mailing the tickets. The phone processing fee is waived for Capitol Civic Centre Members.
- What is a Member? A member is an individual or family who makes an annual monetary donation to the Capitol. Members receive priority reservations and ticket discounts to the Baileigh Industrial Marquee Series. There are additional membership benefits as you increase your membership level.
- Are concessions (beverages and food purchased at the Capitol) allowed in the theatre? Depending on the performance, concessions may be allowed in the theatre. During Capitol Civic Centre Marquee Series performances, concessions are allowed in the auditorium. Please refer to signage, displayed on the bar, or ask hospitality staff, an usher, or Capitol Staff on Duty for clarification of the concession policy for individual Capitol events. The main bar is located in the lobby. For Capitol Marquee Series events, a second bar is located in the VIP Lounge in the Kadow Room (available for special premium VIP tickets holders only). Please ask the Box Office staff for more information about the VIP tickets and benefits. Bars open one hour prior to performance time and are open during intermission.
- If I'm unable to attend, after purchasing tickets, will a refund be issued? We do not refund ticket purchases. If the presenter is a non-profit organization, the monies are considered a donation to the presenting organization, and are acknowledged as such. If the presenting organization is a for-profit business, consideration for refund is based on their policy.
- Where do I park for a daytime performance? We suggest the following: Street parking on Jay Street, 7th Street or Franklin Street as available. The large parking lot along the river off of Quay Street, across from the public library (where the farmer’s market is held) typically has available parking. There is limited parking in the lot behind Dr. Freud’s (off Jay Street) during the day. There is limited parking in the lots off 9th Street (near the Fire Department) and street parking near the Capitol. Wherever you park, please be careful to read the signs around you; some parking is limited to two hours and many of the stalls in the parking lots surrounding the Capitol are leased to various companies and individuals -- we wouldn’t want your vehicle to get towed! You may be tempted to park in the parking lot of the Manitowoc Public Library, but we ask you to be considerate of the people that patronize the library and not park there during the day.
- Can I buy tickets for a concert at another venue at the Capitol? The Capitol Civic Centre is no longer a Ticketmaster outlet. Tickets for some concerts are available at Dr. Freud’s. We recommend that you check www.ticketmaster.com or www.ticketstar.com to order tickets or find the nearest location where you can purchase them in person. You can, certainly, purchase tickets to the Historic Forst Inn from the Capitol Box Office.
Still have questions? Please send us an e-mail, or contact the Box Office at 920.683.2184 during our Box Office hours and we will provide you with answers to all of your questions.